@Definedge @@Definedge-Experts There is an option in Zoneweb to update the chart with Auto Open Vertical counts. I tried it on MACPOWER (as an example). Attached here for reference. I can see the numbers on 3 columns. I understand the calculation on box size and box count. My question is how to choose the significant column. Is the calculation valid on all columns or "significant" columns only. Please clarify. Is it a Double Top following an anchor column? This is what I thought, but in this picture I find that the vertical counts is actually added to the anchor columns only. Please can someone clarify. 
Viswanath B
Pro User
All Replies
-
-
@Karan Dattani Thank you for your response. I do not have access to RZone as it is a paid feature. That is why I had to do it using a Python programme on my database. However, can you please confirm if this is the type of result you see or have I made some mistake?
-
@Definedge @@Definedge-Experts Any comments please.
-
Hello everyone.
I am new to P&F charts. I was impressed with the ease with which we can read the charts and the objectivity also. All going through several and tying to understand Double Top Buy, Triple Top Buy, Bullish Turtle Breakout and Double Bottom Sell, I tried to do a back test. I got AI to help me write a script (I dont know anything about coding).
Please see below results that I obatined. Totally underwhelming. The average P&L from these strategies is -ve. There are some big winners, and losers are contained, but still the result is not good. I have a feeling that something is not ok in the backtest. Any view of anyone who have done similar work?
P&F Pattern Backtest
Box size: 1% | Reversal: 3-box
Signals from: 2024-01-01
Signal filter: All (Fresh + CB)
Exit: DBS (structural O column breach)
Min turnover: ₹5 CrProcessed 200 stocks...
Processed 400 stocks...
Processed 600 stocks...
Processed 800 stocks...
Processed 1000 stocks...Processed 1107 stocks, 23801 total trades
Pattern Trades Win% Avg P&L Med P&L Avg Win Avg Loss Max Win Max Loss Avg Days
DTB 13272 32.7% -0.3% -5.8% 18.4% -9.4% 2918.8% -80.6% 39
TTB 2044 30.1% -0.8% -5.8% 18.2% -9.0% 530.2% -45.5% 40
Turtle 7359 36.8% 0.7% -3.9% 18.3% -9.5% 2200.0% -80.2% 42Open trades (no DBS exit yet): {'DTB': 583, 'Turtle': 418, 'TTB': 125}
Pattern <-20% -20/-10 -10/0 0/+10 +10/+20 >+20%
DTB 465 3081 5081 2308 1065 1272
TTB 69 467 837 351 132 188
Turtle 253 1679 2522 1480 646 779 -
@Nishant Bhandari I proceeded as you suggested. Actually, it does a complete scan and does a full rebalance, instead of just allocating the amount in the existing stocks. So, you end up selling some shares also. I guess the strategy / methodology is not done properly.
-
@Nishant Bhandari Thank you. Will check.
-
@Nishant Bhandari thank you for your response. Not sure if you have noticed, but, when you hover your cursor over the "i" in Increase Funds, you will see a message that the money will be invested equally across your basket of stocks on the next rebalance days. My question was, can we do the investments between rebalance days?
-
Hello, I may have asked this previously, but have not received any answers.
Is it possible to make bulk investments in momentify portfolios between rebalance? My rebalance is after 15 days only, but I want to make fresh investment in the same portfolio. Is this possible? If yes, please advise how it can be done. Thanks. -
@Brijesh-Bhatia To add further context. It is not possible to use the same name immediately after it has been deleted. If the same name is used after 1 or 2 days, it works fine.
One more question - do we need subscription to RZone for Group Management? Can I be done elsewhere? -
@Brijesh-Bhatia Thanks for your response. While it appears that you can delete a Group, you cannot use the same group name when you upload another file. It looks like the base Group name is still existing somewhere else in the system.
-
Hello everyone, I have created a group in RZone by uploading a csv file. I have used this and developed a momentify investing strategy. I want to to keep updating the Group on a regular basis.
How can I overwrite the existing Group? Or how can I delete the existing file, while I upload a new one with the same name?
While RZone appears to give an option to delete a Group, the base file does not get deleted and hence I am unable to use the same name.Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
P&F Charts - Vertical count
P&F strategies
P&F strategies
P&F strategies
Investment
Investment
Investment
Investment
Delete or Overwrite Groups
Delete or Overwrite Groups
Delete or Overwrite Groups